This STEM Homework Activity booklet can be used as homework tasks or as a casual teacher you could choose one activity for your class to explore. This is a great resource to have ready when you are called up on an unexpected casual day on a Stage 2 or Stage 3 class.
The booklet includes 6 STEM activities that students can investigate using household objects with matching worksheets to record their thinking along the way.
The activities are;
- Cloud Challenge (make a cloud in a jar)
- Design your own board game (magnets optional)
- Egg Challenge (Save the egg)
- Tower Challenge (Spaghetti and marshmallows)
- Vinegar Power (Vinegar and Egg Experiment)
- Yeast Experiment (Blow up a balloon using yeast and sugar)